Thursday, April 27, 2006

LASIK at Home

LASIK@Home is an affordable hand operated laser that allows anyone to do their own LASIK surgery at home. I reckon this is a hoax. Do you really want to trust a product that costs only US$99.95 to cut a small flap in the cornea of your eye and then vaporizes a tiny section of the lens without damaging the surrounding tissue? Do you even trust yourself to do it on your own? You know, I've always wanted to go for LASIK but I'm going to leave it to the professional eye surgeons.

(Thanks Celvin Goh)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The graphic says don't blink. I say blink! Better still, close your eye!!!

Anonymous said...

No way I'm going to destroy my eyes with that toy.

Anonymous said...

IZ: I thought you are afraid of LASIK. It is really painless according to my friend who had both her eyes done.

Anonymous said...

iz u r spot on...even if it really works, i dun think i trust myself to shoot laser onto my eyes.

Anonymous said...

From the site: This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA.

How's that for ensuring consumer confidence in the product?! Ha!!!

Anonymous said...

I prefer you with glasses Z. ;o)

Anonymous said...

isnt it available in toysrus since three yrs ago?

kekekeke

Anonymous said...

I think it's a joke?!

Anonymous said...

which is worse? to blink or not to blink?

Anonymous said...

somebody have to be bloody stupid to try this DIY.

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...