His is the voice behind one of pop-culture’s most established icons. The name is Peter Cullen - the voice of TRANSFORMERS’ Optimus Prime. And now fans will be given the opportunity to put words in the mouth of Optimus with the “MAKE PRIME SPEAK” contest!
Paramount Pictures announces the “MAKE PRIME SPEAK” contest, a bold initiative that will supply what fans demand – Optimus Prime speaking their words. Fans can submit a line of dialogue that they would most like to hear Optimus Prime say in the film.
First place winner will have his/hers phrase spoken by Prime, in the new Transformers movie! The "Make Prime Speak" Contest begins on October 2, 2006, and ends at 11:59 p.m. on October 23, 2006.
The Contest Period consists of a submission phase, which begins on October 2, 2006, and ends at 11:59 p.m. on October 12, 2006. The voting phase begins at 12:00 a.m. on October 16, 2006 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on October 23, 2006. All times are Pacific Time.
Here’s how to participate:
1) go to www.transformersmovie.com and complete the registration form found on the site, with the information requested, including an original line of dialogue you would like to hear Prime speak, and submit the entry.
2) All contestants who enter a Submission into the Contest will be able to vote by using the email address from their original Submission. Submissions will otherwise not be acknowledged or returned. Limit one entry per person and/or per email address.
3) During the Submission Phase, Sponsor will post Submissions in a scrolling submission box on the Website.
4) Each entry must be no longer than 120 characters.
5) **Users can submit one line per email address. For example: if you have 20 different email addresses, you can submit a chance to Make Prime Speak 20 times.
Up to 100 of the best Submissions will be selected to be posted online for others to view and judge.
At the end of the Voting Phase, up to 30 Finalists who receive the most non-suspect votes will be submitted to the filmmakers, who will determine the winners in their sole discretion. The Winners will be announced on the Website on or about November 9, 2006.
The filmmakers will select one Grand Prize Winner whose Submission may be spoken by Peter Cullen in the Picture. The filmmakers will select two Second Prize Winners whose Submissions may be spoken by Peter Cullen and used for mobile ringtones. The filmmakers will select up to seven Third Prize Winners whose Submissions will be read by Peter Cullen and made available for visitors to listen to on the Website.
All prize winners will receive a "Transformers" Prize pack that includes a limited edition "Transfomers" T-Shirt (Approximate Retail Value "ARV": $25.00 and a "Transformers" poster signed by Peter Cullen (ARV: $5.00).
(Thanks Paramount Movies)