Friday, December 29, 2006

Dude sold a picture through Flickr

Dude posted a photo he took in 2003 on Flickr. He then received an offer by a designer to use the image as a cover for a book. Neat! From Amateur Inspiration:
I had recently started posting pictures on Flickr, and as we planned our 2006 trip, I started wondering if I had any shots from our first venture that might be worth uploading.

I dug into iPhoto, found the above shot, "antiqued it," and posted it to Flickr.

Then I promptly forgot about it.

That was until I received an email a few months later from a designer saying that he wanted to pay me for the rights to use the image as part of a book cover for a Simon and Schuster paperback.

I was shocked. I assumed it was a joke or a scam. But he provided his credentials and it quickly became apparent that he was completely legitimate. I agreed without hesitation.
(Thanks GeekGod)

No comments:

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...