Saturday, February 24, 2007

Life as a Thai sex worker

BBC interviews a lady about her life as a sex worker in Bangkok. She talks about the danger, disease, the urgent need to send money home and how she quit becoming a prostitute. From BBC:
My first customer was a Western man in his 30s. It was scary and I really didn't like it, but I just kept thinking about the money.

I couldn't wait for him to leave, and when he did I had a shower for a very long time. I started crying, and thought about what my parents would think if they knew what I was doing.

None of my customers ever asked me about my life; they didn't care. There was one time a guy asked me if I was okay, but I didn't know what to say, so I just looked away.

While I was working in the bars, I was often worried about disease, and also about safety. Some girls earned extra by going out of the bars with the men, but I always used a room upstairs as I was too scared of the risks involved.
(Thanks ENG)

No comments:

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...