Friday, June 29, 2007

Hotdog Challenge: Kobayashi vs Giant Bear


YouTube Link

Previously I blogged about Japanese eating legend Takeru Kobayashi suffering a serious jaw injury during his training. Here is a video of him battling a bear in a hotdog eating competition.

Latest news is that despite his jaw injury, he vowed to defend his world famous US title at the annual July 4 Nathan's Famous hot-dog eating event on New York's Coney Island. From Yahoo News:
"I want to defend my title by breaking the world record. My condition is not perfect, but I will do whatever I can to move my jaw," the 29-year-old said in a Japanese television interview before setting off.

"It's getting better gradually. I don't know how badly my jaw is damaged. That's what scares me," he said.

Kobayashi, who has become a celebrity in Japan and the United States, had already halted his competitive eating for several months after his mother's death earlier this year.

But he said he still wanted to go to the competition in New York.

"I want to be the pride of my mother," he said in a blog entry posted Sunday.
It will be interesting to see how he is going to defend his title. He cannot even open his mouth wide enough to fit in two fingers with the injury, so how on earth is he going to gobble up those hotdogs?

Previously: Japanese eating legend suffers jaw injury

No comments:

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...