Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Mantids on Black

Looking at these incredible macro shots of praying mantises reminds me of a quote made by Mulder in an episode of The X-Files : "Yeah, I had a praying mantis epiphany and, as a result, I screamed. Not... not a girly scream but the scream of someone being confronted by some before unknown monster that had no right existing on the same planet I inhabited. Did you ever notice how a praying mantis' head resembles an alien's head? The mysteries of the natural world were revealed to me that day but instead of being astounded I was repulsed."

No comments:

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...