Friday, September 28, 2007

Button Moon made me love the moon


YouTube Link

When I was growing up in the 80's, one of my favourite kids program on TV is this trippy show called Button Moon. Produced by Thames Television, each 10 minute episode featured the adventures of Mr. Spoon flying to Button Moon in his homemade rocket-ship.

Not many people know this but Button Moon sparked my love for the moon and later on my interest in astronomy. I remember after watching each episode, I would then daydream about my own travels to the moon and beyond. I imagined that I was sitting in my spaceship and it would blast off to take me to the moon where I would then make friends with the different beings living there. It was so much fun. And I grew up wanting to be just like Mr Spoon.

Today, I stumbled upon some episodes of Button Moon on YouTube and they sure brought back lots of sweet memories. I'm even singing to its theme song again:

"We're off to Button Moon!
And we've followed Mr Spoon,
Button Moon! (Button Moon!)
Button Moon! (Button Moon!)"

Ah, I miss those good old days.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Classic man! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

iz: more personal posts like this pls.

Anonymous said...

I was actually scared of Mr Spoon!!!

Anonymous said...

We're off to Button Moon!
And we've followed Mr Spoon,
Button Moon! (Button Moon!)
Button Moon! (Button Moon!)

Anonymous said...

They used a button as the moon. That's cute. So IZ, do you still dream of Button Moon?

Anonymous said...

IZ: Nice post. Btw, I'll bring you to the moon and back if you want

*winks

Anonymous said...

Hehehe cute show. Button Moon Button Moon.

Anonymous said...

That's episode two I think.

Glacier Topaz said...

NOW I remember this Button Moon thingy after watching... What fond memories...

Anonymous said...

I like the theme too and also Mr.Spoon with french fries hair that one! oh, I miss Mc D!

Anonymous said...

Ah button moon is classic.. I have a vhs somewhere with 2 episodes of button moon alongside old-school episodes of sooty and rainbow..

Anonymous said...

Man I love Button Moon too.

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!! I remember this. You and me watching the TV together and singing to the song when we were kids!!!!

Anonymous said...

button moon so gay

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...