Monday, September 03, 2007

WH's birthday at Cafe del Mar

I was at Cafe del Mar recently to celebrate WH's birthday - not the famous one at Ibiza (I wish!) but here at Sentosa. The iconic beach bar at Ibiza, Spain is famous for its chillout music and lovely beaches and sunsets. I was very sure the one at Sentosa cannot match its Ibiza cousin but I discovered when I was there that it is not that bad actually. In fact, I kinda love it. It has a bungalow, dipping pool, beach chairs, the signature Cafe del Mar music, nice food and drinks, and a lovely scenic view - definitely the place you should go to for spectacular Singapore sunsets.

As they say, pictures speak louder than words. Lovely ain't it?

P21-08-07_19.14[01]

P21-08-07_19.15

P21-08-07_19.14[02]

That's the bar which is connected to the pool. You can dip in the pool and then just crawl to the bar for all your alcohol. Cool!

The food served at Cafe del Mar is surprisingly very good. We ordered a few dishes, starting with the Tortilla De Patatas.

P21-08-07_19.27

It's a modern Spanish omellette made by cramalized onions, bacon new potato emulsion and chives oil. It's very good. They have other Tapas on the menu too.

P21-08-07_19.40[01]

The Maello Paella was next. I think no Spanish dining is complete without the paella. The Maello Paella is one of the recommended dishes at Cafe del Mar. Safron rice baked with seafood morsels, fragrant with spices saute capsicum, fresh tomatos and herbs - yummy!

P21-08-07_19.40[02]

We also had the Grilled Succulent Lamb Chops - Australian lamb racks marinated with herbs and olive oil and then grilled. The dish is served with vegetable compote with tamarind and tomato cilantro salsa. My favourite of the three!

And lastly, the lovely birthday cake! I bought this Strawberry Hazelnut cake from Choz.

P21-08-07_20.20[01]

Picture 045

The very happy birthday girl with her cake!

Overall, my experience at Cafe del Mar is a very pleasant one. I definitely wanna go there again. Oh, it's best if you go during the weekdays when it is less crowded and the service is so much better than the weekends.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

WH is cute!

Anonymous said...

So the service there is good now eh?

Anonymous said...

iz, i think u will love the real cafe del mar in ibiza. i'm lucky enough to have been there 3x.

Anonymous said...

It was darn crowded when I went there on a Saturday afternoon. It is not too bad but I prefer KM8.

Anonymous said...

IZ: The first pic is so lovely. Makes the place so much beautiful than it actually is :op

Anonymous said...

my birthday is coming iz. take me to cafe del mar!!!

Anonymous said...

Ah, I didn't know they served food there

Anonymous said...

My birthday is also coming soon IZ dearie. Take me to the beach. Any beach. *winks

Anonymous said...

KM8 less commercial than Cafe del Mar.

Anonymous said...

lucky girl wh.

Anonymous said...

what type of camera you took it the pix ar? your lg phone?

I.Z. Reloaded said...

Anonymous: Yes. LG Shine!!!!

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...