Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Website sells unlocked iPhone to Singaporeans

Now you don't have to wait to get your hands on Apple's iPhone. A website called iPhone-Singapore is selling unlocked iPhones for S$1500.

Currently the iPhone is only available in US and it is locked into AT&T, meaning that consumers who want the iPhone must use AT&T.

This has led to hackers unlocking the iPhone and it looks like the folks from iPhone-Singapore are doing the same and making money out of it by selling the unlocked (hacked) iPhones which may or may not be illegal.

According to the site, it has already sold a couple of unlocked iPhones to its customers from Singapore, India, Malaysia, Indonesia and even the UK. One of the customers, Bahula from India left a comment on the website: "After ordering my iPhone from iPhone-Singapore, I received it in 3 weeks. I am so happy, this phone is very good." Another customer, Jason from Singapore said: "iPhone-Singapore.com has made my dream come true, this iPhone is magical!"

There's no way to verify the authenticity of these comments or the website so I'm not sure how reliable the service is. But oh well, if you have S$1500 to burn and you really want to be the first few in Singapore to own an iPhone, then I see no harm trying the website out. Just let me know when you receive your iPhone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was surfing for iPhone accessories in singapore and I found your website. I bought my unlocked iPhone from iPhone-Singapore.com and I am very pleased with their customer support people. I would strongly recommend them. I would also like to warn people that for every company like iPhone-Singapore, there will be 10 other scammers out there waiting to take advantage of others, so try to meet up or if not, ask the seller to show prove of their products.

Anonymous said...

I bought my iPhone from the iPhone-Singapore.com too, must say they impressed me with their customer support and the main thing is that I'm happy with my iPhone. It totally impress me and I'll be addicted to my iPhone for the next few months I think. So yeah, I do agree with the article on the website because you're buying from a reliable company whereas there are way too many scammers out there to risk your money at. So I would recommend locals to buy from iPhone-Singapore too.

Anonymous said...

I strongly advise NOT TO Buy from them.
I bought one for my wife about a month ago. After using it for about a week, I needed to reset it almost everyday. So, I contacted them but they seemed to be reluctant to meet me again!
Try it only if you could waste your time and money!

Anonymous said...

Zenny, Shing Lin, thanks for your feedback. The customer support from iPhone-Singapore.com must have been incredible, especially given that their website is under maintenance!! Are you sure you don't work for this company??

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...