Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Microsoft names research project Cibai, women all over the world feels liberated!

cibai

Of all the names in the world that Francesco Logozzo can think of for his research project at Microsoft, he comes up with the epic word, Cibai. What is Cibai? Here. I think someone needs to tell Francesco or Microsoft what it really means. Don't want them to start producing their Cibai t-shirts and merchandise.

Check out this excerpt from his Cibai research paper (PDF): "The next step in the development of Cibai is the generation of method summaries: we plan to apply Cibai on the Java API so to generate stubs, and then to reuse these stubs when analyzing large programs." Apply Cibai on Java to get stubs then reuse stubs on large programs? Huh? I didn't know Cibai is so complicated.

Update: Cibai has exploded on Twitter. Here are some funny Cibai Tweets:
mrbrown: Dear USA tweeters. Let Singapore teach you the real #cibai. CIBAI is actually a warm Asian greeting. Try it the next time you meet someone!
weirdnotion: I've got so many friends who already own #cibai. You're not gonna make a profit, Microsoft!
starstreet: My friend just said: My CIBAI got virus!! Oh god the jokes won't stop coming. Coming, get it? Coming...?
misskely: Damn Cibai is so complicated? Fear not, maybe they'll publish a manual: Tools and Shortcuts to cibai.

And lastly two of mine:
izreloaded: Friend asked if I tried Cibai before. I said which one? Microsoft Cibai, not yet. Too complicated. I prefer my Cibai to be less complicated.
izreloaded: I've been talking about Cibai non stop for more than two hours already. Think I got the Cibailitis. It's highly infectious.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Francesco Logozzo is Italian, not French...

GeekGod said...

EPIC FAIL!!!!

Myra Leong said...

I actually feel offended. Microsoft, Cibai cannot anyhow use one.

Anonymous said...

cibai! cibai! cibai! cibai! cibai! cibai! cibai! cibai! cibai! cibai!


feels so good.

Sir Thomas said...

Thanks to you in Singapore. We in UK now have learned a new word.

xXx said...

if francesco logozzo ever comes to singapore, i will show him real cibai at geylang.

Hazel Goh said...

No! Really? No!!!

Mr Big said...

I love Cibai but not sure about Microsoft's.

:op

Honky Tong said...

Cibai! I call my program Konek!

I.Z. Reloaded said...

Anonymous said...

Francesco Logozzo is Italian, not French...


Ooops. Thanks for pointing that out.

Adman said...

Thanks Microsoft for Windows and now Cibai.

r'chelle said...

iz: less complicated cibai? i know of one. *wink wink

alice30 said...

this is so funny. the whole world is gona know about cibai.

Anonymous said...

LMAO... AWFUL coincidence. Cibainess in Twitter is seriously like a virus now lolx

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Microsoft's CIBAI is LAN-enabled? ROTFLMAO!!!

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...