Monday, September 01, 2008

Making sucking pleasurable since 1958

P30-08-08_22 - Share on Ovi

While on the road last night, I spotted this SBS bus with an ad celebrating Chupa Chups 50th anniversary. Check out the hard to miss tagline: "Making Sucking Pleasurable Since 1958". More pics below. This isn't the first time that Chupa Chups have used the word "sucking" in a suggestive manner in their ads. Last time, they had this tagline: "The Pleasure Of Sucking" which I heard didn't go too well with parents worldwide. Oh well, this time you can email your displeasure or shock to the folks at BBH Singapore who are the brains behind the latest Chupa Chups ad campaign in Europe and Asia. I'm off to suck my Chups.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Chupa Chups trying to compete with Osim to win the most sexually suggestive company award? Haaa!

Anonymous said...

no wonder kids today are getting more sexually active.

Anonymous said...

>I'm off to suck... my Chups, of course.

IZ, are you sure? LOL

Anonymous said...

people at chupa chops must be all suckers

Anonymous said...

i actually watched the pleasure of sucking tv ad on kids central many months ago and my initial thoughts were why are they showing this on a kids channel?

Anonymous said...

I don't see Durex using a tagline like: Making fucking pleasurable since...

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

check out the young girl on the ad! she must have loved all the sucking.

Anonymous said...

So what is so wrong with sucking?

Anonymous said...

Mr Big: Osim wins that award by a mile!

Anonymous said...

I saw this on Saturday and heard a boy say to his mom at the busstop: Look mum! Let's go take the sucking bus. The mum looked rather embarrassed.

Anonymous said...

never heard of bbh. seems like they are a small setup. quite amazing that they got the chupa chups asia/euro deal.

Anonymous said...

BBH is a global firm.

Anonymous said...

Don't we all love sucking too? :oP

Anonymous said...

do u actually suck or lick a chupa chup? hmmmm....

Anonymous said...

I've been making sucking pleasurable since I was 18 liao.

Anonymous said...

Chupa Chups has a new TVC out. No "sucking" this time. I just read it on the marketing interactive enewsflash

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...