What could the patient have used? I’d heard of all sorts of things in the past: fruit, candles (unlit), and glass bottles, among others, but nothing that could cause burns.
“She used a deodorant stick!”
The patient had used the actual stick of deodorant, which she had pried out of the container (for who knows what reason) and the burns she had were serious chemical burns. We treated her by washing the area to remove any trace of the chemicals and applying the salve typically used for treating burns from gynecologic laser surgery. Oh, and lot’s of pain medication, too, for obvious reasons.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Dr. Amy Tuteur, an obstetrician-gynecologist, blogs about her experience with a patient who used a deodorant stick as a dildo. From The Skeptical OB:
Posted by I.Z. Reloaded at 10:57 AM
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Singapore License.