Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Best Singaporean Name Ever!



I spotted this on Vicki's Flickr. Check out the guy's name: Kiasu Ong! Now, if there's a contest for the most popular Singaporean name, I think this guy will win hands down.

Vicki told me that she spotted the ad on Business Times. It covers half a page and is full of faces of property agents. Yup, Kiasu Ong sells houses and according to this comment I found on a Tomorrow.sg post, it says he works for Dennis Wee Properties and he is one of their top agents. No wonder. With a name like that, how can he not be a top seller aye.

Update: Thanks to reader Chris Ong (no relations to Kiasu Ong, I think) who wrote to me saying that Kiasu Ong is no longer with Dennis Wee Properties. He is now a Division Head with Anchor Properties. Ah, there he is.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

walao eh kiasu Ong sia!!! Hahahaha!

Anonymous said...

If my parents gave me that name, I will disown them!

Anonymous said...

He is the real Mr Kiasu.

Anonymous said...

i think he gave the name to himself... his real name is donald.

Anonymous said...

Wow he became Division Head. You're right man. Need to have a name like him to succeed in business.

Anonymous said...

Kiasu Ong!!!

LOL

Anonymous said...

I hope he doesn't he have a sibling named 'Kiasi'!

sifu said...

yes he does...I know his brother...KIASI ong...top insurance agent...hahahhahaha LOL!

Anonymous said...

But his email is donald.ong!

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...