Thursday, September 07, 2006

Captain Kirk scared of spaceflight

William Shatner, who played the space travelling Captain Kirk in Star Trek, is afraid of... guess what? Spaceflight! He rejected a free ticket to space from Richard Branson onboard Virgin Galactic's first passenger flight in 2008. From Daily Mail:
The 75-year-old actor said: "I'm interested in man's march into the unknown but to vomit in space is not my idea of a good time. Neither is a fiery crash with the vomit hovering over me..."

He added: "I do want to go up but I need guarantees I'll definitely come back."
Looks like the real Captain Kirk won't boldy go where no man had gone before. What a pity.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dude is old. He may not even pass the health screening.

Anonymous said...

haha!!! N looks overweight too.

Anonymous said...

And it's free!!! Can he pass me his ticket?

Anonymous said...

I think he was given free tickets because Richard Branson named the Virgin spacecraft Enterprise as a homage to Star Trek.

Old Knudsen said...

I don't blame him at all, they only called it enterprise because nasa had taken the name 'fireball of death'.

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...