Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Hoth 2014 Winter Olympics Bid

I'm not a big fan of the recently concluded Winter Olympics. I love the snow but some of the games are just a little too weird for me. For example, a sport called curling where two teams of four try to slide heavy polished granite stones down the ice towards an archery-like target. This is the only sport that I know that uses brooms. Teams use the brooms to sweep the ice surface in front of the stone. How weird is that?!

Eventhough I'm not a fan, I will support the following group that is bidding to host the 2014 Winter Olympics. These guys are hoping that by hosting the 2014 Winter Olympics at Hoth, it will revive the games and boost tv ratings. Where's Hoth? It is an icy planet made famous in Star Wars Episode V. I can picture it already. Hoth 2014 will be the most successful Winter Olympic Games ever and it will finally make me a fan of the winter games. Let's get Vader and company.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watch curling on TV. It is a weird sport. I rem my eyes were staring at the screen in amazement.

Anonymous said...

It will be one hell of a massive work to do the winter olympics on another planet..kekeke. Where is it again?

Anonymous said...

We can always depend on hardcore Star Wars fans for entertainment.

Anonymous said...

Curling is like bowling with brooms.

Anonymous said...

Make sure they add one more sport: Light saber duel on ice!

Anonymous said...

Light saber duel on ice will be the most watched game in the Winter Olympics man.

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...