Thursday, April 20, 2006

Thousands hug Hugging Saint

The latest buzz in Singapore is not the upcoming elections (boring!) but a 53 year old lady from India known as the Hugging Saint. Thousands are expected to queue for hours just to have a 3 second hug from her. From Channel NewsAsia:
Over the past 35 years, she has probably hugged almost a million people a year, many of them on her travels around the world to places like Japan, the US, Europe and the Middle East...

Her assistant, translating from Amma's native Malayalam, explained: "There is a thirst to experience pure love and people are reluctant to give it and when we give it, there is a selfish motive. But Amma wants to love selflessly and awaken that love in others."

Those who have received her hugs agree.

"You have to experience it yourself. I cannot explain it, it's a really good feeling," one person said.

"There is that special energy, that difference. It is difficult to describe," another person said.
Wow.

A really good feeling.

A special energy.

Hmmmm, these are the same kind of reaction I get from people who have hugged me too. Maybe I should be a Hugging Saint. Travelling around the world, giving hugs. What a job. I love hugs!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope she doesn't smell bad. Anyone know if she's still around?

Anonymous said...

Give it to me, IZ.

Anonymous said...

IZ is gay!

IZ is so fucking gay!!

Anonymous said...

IZ's hugs r da best.

Better than my bf's. ;o)

Anonymous said...

iz and his hugs. hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Must go ask Mr Miyagi if IZ's hug is any good.

Hahahaha.

He got one from IZ last time if I rem correctly.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully we get more than just 3 tiny secs to hug you IZ.

Anonymous said...

iz: i want a hug!

Anonymous said...

I also need to experience pure love liao.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, iz's hugs have some sort of special energy in them.

*Lucky recipient

Anonymous said...

IZ hug Miyagi...wahahahaha.

Well, at least that shows he hugs men too not only babes.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure he prefer babes to men.

Anonymous said...

iz i wanna experience your special energy!!!

pretty plsssssssssss

Anonymous said...

IZ n miyagi hugging each other? Both gay huh.

Anonymous said...

I lurve hugs too

Anonymous said...

Ill b the first in line.

Anonymous said...

coco: better make sure your bf ain't reading this.

Anonymous said...

Come IZ, spread some love!

Anonymous said...

No quick hugs for me.

I don't do quickies.

A hug should be an embrace, a sustained joining together of two bodies.

Ok IZ, you're so dead when I meet you next time. :o)

Anonymous said...

Amma will be in Singapore after 2 years - from 25th 29th March 2008.

I hear that, the program Venue for 25th is still pending.

However, From 26th March to 29th 2008 the Singapore Expo is the Venue. 2nd fl (foyer 1)

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...