Friday, July 13, 2007

Steam buns filled with pork flavoured cardboard!

It's hard enough to trust some of the goods coming from China nowadays and now I've read that even a Chinese steam bun seller is trying to rip his customers by stuffing pork flavoured cardboard in them. Yummy! From Guardian:
"What's in the recipe?" the reporter asks. "Six to four," the man says.

"You mean 60% cardboard? What is the other 40%?" asks the reporter. "Fatty meat," the man replies.

The bun maker then shows how the product is made. Squares of cardboard picked from the ground are soaked to a pulp in caustic soda - used to make paper and soap - then chopped. Fatty pork and powdered seasoning are stirred in.

Soon, steaming buns appear. The reporter takes a bite. "This baozi filling is kind of tough. Not much taste," he says. "Can other people taste the difference?"

"It fools the average person," the maker says. "I don't eat them myself."
I am never ever going to eat anything in China! Hmmm, maybe fast food.

6 comments:

Shy said...

That's terrible!

Mr Big said...

>"It fools the average person," the maker says. "I don't eat them myself."

Hahaha! What a great quote.

Gaylord said...

Next time when order steam bun in China must ask if there's any cardboard int he filling.

Anonymous said...

China pple only know how to cheat pple and make money!

Ah Tiong said...

Well can't make a sweeping statement la.

Just make sure when you go to restaurant, check out their toilets. It's a good gauge about the standard of cleanliness at the place.

Oh, and know your duck from your chicken from your beef from your venison from your rat!

xXx said...

Sounds delicious what!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis