Thursday, January 03, 2008

I am telemarketers' worst nightmare



Just half an hour ago, I had a phone call from one of those irritating telemarketers. This is how it went.

Telemarketer (with a strong Indian accent): Hello. Can I speak to Mr I.Z please?

Me : Who is this speaking?

Telemarketer: Are your Mr I.Z?

Me (suspecting he is a telemarketer): Who are you?

Telemarketer: I'm looking for Mr I.Z. Are you Mr I.Z?

Me: I'm I.Z Reloaded (nearly wanna laugh). What is this about?

Telemarketer: So you Mr I.Z? Mr I.Z, I want to ask you if you are looking to sell or buy properties.

Me (fark! property telemarketer!): What? Sell or buy properties? How you know?!

Telemarketer: Sir, I have you on my database of people looking to buy or sell properties.

Me: What is a database?

Telemarketer: Sorry sir?

Me: What do you mean by database?

Telemarketer: Database sir, we have a list of people's names and phone numbers.

Me: Wow. How much did you buy that database for?

Telemarketer: (went silent for a few seconds) Mr I.Z, are you looking to buy or sell a property?

Me: Hmmm. Not currently but are you looking to buy or sell one yourself? I can recommend you to a good property agent. (ok. now I'm starting to crack up)

Telemarketer: No no sir. I mean I'm asking you if you want to buy or sell your property.

Me: Nope.

Telemarketer: Oh. Are you interested in buying property in India, sir?

Me: Huh? India?! Why India?

Telemarketer: I'm from an international property company sir.

Me: Got Batam?

Telemarketer: Batam? No sir. We only have India.

Me: But I thought you said you are from an international property company. How can you not sell property in Batam?

Telemarketer (I can sense he is frustrated now): Mr I.Z, I'm sorry we do not have any Batam now.

Me: Have you been to Batam? Have you seen what a good place it is to do property there? Let me talk to your boss. He must sell Batam.

Telemarketer: (went silent again for a few seconds) Mr I.Z, I'm really sorry. So you do not want to buy India property?

Me: I want Batam. You call me again when you have Batam ok.

Telemarker: Ok dokie. Thank you Mr I.Z. Good bye.

Me: Bye.

I could have gone for another half an hour with him but too bad, lunch is waiting.

(Photo above by Flickr user babaghan)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! You are so cruel.

Anonymous said...

Batam property good meh?

Anonymous said...

hahaha!!! good one!!!

Anonymous said...

Me: I'm I.Z Reloaded (nearly wanna laugh).

LOL

Thank god he did not call you Mr Reloaded after that.

Anonymous said...

best if u got record d conversation

Anonymous said...

I wonder what if the telemarketer was a lady with a nice sexy voice. Ahem.

Unknown said...

jin kiang

Anonymous said...

*clap clap* you owned the telemarketers. But problem is what if the company got properties in Batam?

Sarah said...

Gawd! You're so funny!

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...