Friday, January 11, 2008

A Day in the Life of a World of Warcraft addict

Stacey is a World of Warcraft (WoW) addict. In a story written by her for The Escapist Magazine, she tells us how she got hooked to the game and how is it like to live a life as a WoW addict. From The Escapist:
I do get scared when I write that. I've been living partially in a game for the past three years. I've never spent that much time doing anything, let alone playing one game. Even when I'm not in the game, part of me is indeed still there. When my husband and I go out for dinner or a drink, WoW is often a main topic of conversation. Yes, he plays too.

Yet, I can't bring myself to give the game up. Nor do I want to. Neither of us do. After all, as the professionals say, “The family that plays together, stays together.” Why break up a good thing?

He's partially to blame for my obsession. If it weren't for him, chances are I never would have heard of Azeroth. For that matter, I probably wouldn't have heard of many of the games I've enjoyed so much, and I certainly wouldn't have chosen the computer as my favorite platform. If we'd never met, I probably wouldn't have a favorite platform at all.

No comments:

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...