Monday, December 18, 2006

Sally's Song



This is a clip taken from Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, my favourite Christmas cum Halloween movie of all time. I love Sally's Song very much and I was delighted to find out today that they did a re-release of the movie soundtrack in October this year, and included a cover of Sally's Song sung by Fiona Apple. Here's the same clip but with Fiona's version.



I've listened to the full song by Fiona and although I prefer the original song done by Catherine O' Hara, who did the voice for Sally, I think Fiona's version is still commendable.

And if you have never watched The Nightmare Before Christmas before, then you should go grab the DVD or VCD and watch it soon, preferably on the night before Christmas aye.

Update: Sing along to Sally's Song with this YouTube karaoke video. (Thanks Mike)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prefer the original version too. Somehow Fiona Apple's voice is too low for the song.

Anonymous said...

Tim Burton rocks!

Anonymous said...

wow, they re-release the soundtrack.

Anonymous said...

Catherine O Hara's voice is way nicer than Fiona Apple's.

Anonymous said...

I love Nightmare Before Christmas. It is so much better than Corpse Bride.

Anonymous said...

The new soundtrack has Marilyn Manson in it!

Anonymous said...

*sings Sally's Song to IZ

Can I be your Sally?

Anonymous said...

Fiona Apple sounds like a guy.

Anonymous said...

giselle: i wanna be sally too!

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...