Facts and FiguresTT Durai is a bad man, most of you would say. Hey wait a minute. He did turn down a salary of $30,000 a month to accept only $25,000. Awwww. Ain't that a nice gesture.
• In 1995: TT Durai's pay was increased from $12,000 to $18,000. The promotion was back-dated six months, so he received another $36,000. Durai also received a $30,000 bonus "top-up" based on the revised salary.
• In 1997: Durai was offered a salary of $30,000 a month but he chose to accept only $25,000, a $7,000 increase over his previous wage. The increment was backdated 11 months, amounting to an extra $77,000.
• Sept 1997 - Oct 2003: Durai claimed overtime pay amounted to $187,000
• May 1995 - Nov 2003: Durai encashed his leave entitlement which brought in another $350,000.
• In 2004: Durai chalked up an average bill of $32,952 per month on his corporate credit card.
• In 2004: $70,000 spent on "study trip" to Las Vegas for six of NKF's staff, including Durai, to get fresh ideas on doing charity shows
• In 2004: $430,000 spent on movie and concert tickets to be given free to "nurture" donors
• Staff recevied pay increments as many as four times a year. Former director Matilda Chua's salary rose from $1,300 to $12,500 over nine years.
• Staff were given exit payments of up to 10 months' salary.
• In 2004: NKF made profits of $993,677 from drug sales. Although the NKF claimed it helped its patients save over $3.5 million in treatment costs, it had charged its patients a premium for certain discounted drugs, instead of passing the savings on to them.
• Feb 2004 - May 2005: $322,000 spent on travel, mostly first class for Durai and his former board and senior volunteers
Here's the link to download KPMG's report in PDF and here's the link to get yourself a gold tap.