Monday, July 09, 2007

Live Earth: Destroying earth to save it?

I came back at 11pm on Saturday night and immediately switched on the TV to watch Live Earth, the 24 hour global concert event to raise public awareness on protecting our environment. I stopped watching at 6am because I had to go to the airport for awhile. I came back home an hour later and continued watching Live Earth till 9.30am. Then I had to get out again to attend a meeting at Pan Pacific Hotel - that meant not getting any sleep for the night.

Live Earth was great. Some of the performances that I liked were Corinne Bailey Rae (she's a doll!), Rihanna (Hot!!!) and Enrique Iglesias (ahem). In between the performances, cleverly done public service announcements starring celebrities were broadcast to educate viewers about global warming and energy conservancy.

I'm all for saving the Earth, but after spending the night watching Live Earth, I realised that it may have done our dear planet a great harm. Flying the music stars all over the world and getting millions to head to the concerts and watch them on TV cannot be environmentally friendly aye. Take me for example. I don't usually watch the TV on Saturday nights unless there's the English Premier League but my TV was on the whole night for Live Earth. That's not energy saving! Shit. Looks like over the next few days, I will have to plant a few more trees and even, cycle to town. Damn you, Live Earth.

14 comments:

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

This is well-observed and seriously too funny!

Anonymous said...

IZ: You did not sleep for Live Earth?! Wow!!! Look at what you have done.

Anonymous said...

I can help you out plant the trees.

:o)

Anonymous said...

that's why i did not watch it.

Anonymous said...

haha... sounds interesting cycle to work aye!! but, here...
ermm.. Anyway, i think car-pool is good ideal!

well, looked only at their lighting, they spent about N watts power for d show i guess!! Anyway, they really want to use this show to show us, to be more conscious about global warming! love our earth aye!

Anonymous said...

>Some of the performances that I liked were Corinne Bailey Rae (she's a doll!), Rihanna (Hot!!!) and Enrique Iglesias (ahem).

Enrique! See! I told you people, IZ loves men!

Anonymous said...

a big event like this can never be environmentally friendly.

Anonymous said...

I wonder what they will do with the money they received from concert goers worlwide.

Anonymous said...

IZ: I'm better than Myra at planting trees!

Anonymous said...

live earth = planet killer

Anonymous said...

The only thing that changes me after watchin Live Earth is my opinion on Rihanna. Boy, that girl can sing live!

Anonymous said...

The only free Live Earth concert was the one in Brazil.

Anonymous said...

Gaylord: I love women but it doesn't make me lesbian. IZ is not gay!

Anonymous said...

Giselle Loh: Oh really?

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...