Thursday, April 12, 2007
Every sidekick needs a good teacher. And Robin definitely has one in Batman. Here is my top ten list of Batman lecturing Robin quotes taken from the classic Batman and Robin TV series.
1) Robin: "Let's go!"
Batman: "Not you, Robin. They have strict licensing laws in this country. A boy of your age is not allowed in a drinking tavern."
2) Dick Grayson: "What's so important about Chopin?"
Bruce Wayne: "All music is important, Dick. It's the universal language. One of our best hopes for the eventual realization of the brotherhood of man."
Dick Grayson: "Gosh Bruce, yes, you're right. I'll practice harder from now on."
3) Robin: "You can't get away from Batman that easy!"
Batman: "Good grammar is essential, Robin."
Robin: "Thank you."
Batman: "You're welcome."
4) Batman: "Better put 5 cents in the meter."
Robin: "No policeman's going to give the Batmobile a ticket."
Batman: "This money goes to building better roads. We all must do our part."
5) Robin: "Holy molars! Am I ever glad I take good care of my teeth!"
Batman: "True. You owe your life to dental hygiene."
6) Dick: "Sorry, I'm not interested in dance lessons."
Bruce: "Wait a minute, Dick. The junior prom's coming up, isn't it?"
Dick: "Yes, but..."
Bruce: "Well, we don't want you to be a wallflower, do we? Dancing is an integral part of every young man's education."
Dick: "Gosh Bruce, you're right."
7) Batman to Robin: "When you get a little older, you'll see how easy it is to become lured by the female of the species."
8) Robin: "I guess you can never trust a woman."
Batman: "You've made a hasty generalization, Robin. It's a bad habit to get into."
9) Robin: "I am a little hungry."
Batman: "Of course, Robin. Even crime-fighters must eat. And especially you. You're a growing boy and you need your nutrition."
10) Batman: "Robin, you haven't fastened your safety bat-belt."
Robin: "We're only going a couple of blocks."
Batman: "It won't be long until you are old enough to get a driver's license, Robin, and you'll be able to drive the Batmobile and other vehicles. Remember, motorist safety."
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, when you put it that way.."
I'm not sure if you agree with my choice but you can read a whole lot of other quotes here.
Posted by I.Z. Reloaded at 7:58 PM
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Singapore License.