Saturday, May 12, 2007

The LG Shine Review

IMG_0478

It's hard not to think of the new LG Shine KU970 as just another fashion phone. It does look extremely pretty and like most fashion phones, it isn't made for users who are hungry for features that you can find in most smart phones and PDA phones. But there is something about the LG Shine that makes you go "woah" the first time you use it, even for a feature hungry user.

IMG_0479

I got mine from the nice people at LG roughly a week ago. The moment I laid my eyes on it, I immediately knew why they called it the Shine phone. The phone literally shines thanks to its brilliant front mirror cum display - great for those who need to look at themselves every now and then.

IMG_0469

The LG Shine has a sliding top lid. Sliding it up reveals the cool RAZR-like keypads and brings the phone's beautiful 2 inch LCD colour screen to life.

The LG Shine is housed in a full metal silver coloured casing. It's heavy (118g) - I like! Somehow you know that you are using a solidly built mobile phone when you carry it in your hands.

IMG_0473

Below the LCD display, you'll find the phone's scroll bar in between two soft keys. Scrolling it up and down allows you to select the menu and functions more easily. This isn't a feature packed phone like I said earlier. It has no Wi-Fi which is a shame really, no slots for a memory card but it comes with an internal 512mb memory - sufficient enough for me.

I called the LG Shine a fashion phone. But what many people do not realise is that it is a 3G video mobile phone which allows you to make reasonably good video calls to any 3G phone in a 3G covered service area.

The phone has a 2 megapixel camera that is certified by Schneider-Kreuznach. Now, 2 megapixel may not be a lot but I've taken a number of shots with it and I have to say that the images surprised me. This has to be one of the best 2 megapixel camera phones out in the market today.

The LG Shine is indeed a beautifully made phone. Its shiny good looks will attract anyone. I do wish that it comes with Wi-Fi and a software that allows me to read my Windows documents. I love the camera which I think is the phone's best feature! Oh, but I'm not pleased with having to wipe the phone now and then because it attracts fingerprints easily.

Previously:
More LG Shine Pics!
LG Shine Pics!
Come Shine with me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know if LG phones, such as the Shine, will be available and usable in other Asian countries like Japan, Taiwan, etc...??

-AL

Anonymous said...

my lg shine looks different than the picture on this website. for instance the scroll button on the top is round and the menu has less icons on it

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...