Thursday, June 28, 2007

Singapore Gala Premiere of Transformers

tformers3

Last night, I attended the Singapore Gala Premiere of the new Transformers movie at The Cathay. Before I write any further, here are the 5 things that you people should know:

1) Transformers is so far the best movie this year!
2) Megan Fox is a babe! No wait. She is a goddess!
3) The Transformers robots look so awesomely real that I really believe that they exist.
4) Shia LaBeouf is destined to be a big, big name actor.
5) And err, yes, I did scream and shout with excitement throughout the movie.

Ok. Let's start with the pictures taken last night.

tformers2

That's the pamphlet containing tickets to the Gala Premiere.

tformers5

tformers6

The giant heads of Megatron and Optimus Prime greet the guests at the Premiere.

tformers7

That's Optimus and me!

Ok, now to the review. The movie is about giant robots making a big mess on Earth. The good guys are the Autobots led by their leader, Optimus Prime. The bad guys are the Decepticons, led by Megatron. They fight. They shoot rockets, bullets, bombs. They try to kill each other. Some are really killed in the end. I won't tell who. Ok now you guys should just go watch the movie. Ha!

Seriously, Transformers is the best movie so far this year. It's a movie that I think even the girls would enjoy watching. It is highly entertaining from start to finish - very rare for a movie nowadays. Credit to the writers. I was worried that the script for the movie would be poor but I was surprised that it turned out to be much, much better that I expected. Lots of humorous moments too.

The CGI was brilliant - the best I've seen in a movie. Like I said earlier, the robots look damn real. The way they transformed into their vehicle modes is awesome. I have never seen anything like it before. Totally breathtaking. Makes you want a real Transformer as a buddy.

There are so many moments in the film that is worth mentioning but there's one that I like the best. That's the part when Optimus Prime said to Megatron, "One shall stand and one shall fall." Brilliant! That's the same line that was said during the 1986 Transformers animated film. What a classic! I bet the writers included that line to pay homage to it.

The biggest credit has got to go to director Michael Bay. Oh boy, did he prove the doubters wrong - that he IS the right person for the job. His directing was of the highest quality. I even shouted, "I love you Michael Bay!" once the film ended. Hehehe.

Now, I can't wait for Transformers 2. I'm very sure there is a sequel coming. Till then...

tformers12

Transform and roll out!

Previously: Transformers Singapore Gala Premiere tonight!

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool pics and review dude. I like your Decepticon face mask.

Anonymous said...

I want a movie date with IZ next time.

:o(

Anonymous said...

Megan Fox! Woohooo!!!

Anonymous said...

so u r the one thats making all the noise in the theatre

Anonymous said...

I must go watch it.

Anonymous said...

4) Shia LaBeouf is destined to be a big, big name actor.

He is going to be in Indiana Jones 4!

Anonymous said...

IZ: The Transformed look not too bad but I prefer the normal look like the one you posed beside Optimus Prime. That's stunning.

Anonymous said...

u shouted "I love Michael Bay"? hahaha!

Anonymous said...

so cute the mask

Anonymous said...

Dude did they give the mask during the screening?

Anonymous said...

megan fox has more curves than the bumblebee camaro.

Anonymous said...

mmmmm some transformers died? did optimus die?

Anonymous said...

i think there will be a part two or even three but i'm not too enthusiastic over sequals - they tend to be bad.

Anonymous said...

Michael Bay is da man!

He gave Prime those flame paint job, gave him a mouth, changed Bumblebee into a Camaro, made all the Transformers look different...

but all is forgiven after watching the movie.

Anonymous said...

ALL HAIL MEGATRON!

-- My fav line from the movie.

I.Z. Reloaded said...

Lord Kimbo: Yup, they were giving the masks away at the end of the screening. Too bad there wasn't an Autobot mask.

Monkey said...

You lucky lucky b*stard!!!I've been trying to book tix since advance bookings started but the stupid servers kept kicking me out!

Still,great to hear that its a flick that fans can truly be proud of!!!

Anonymous said...

I dun need to watch the Transformers movie to scream. Just looking at the IZ pic with Optimus Prime will do.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the positive review. I'll catch it soon.

Anonymous said...

>> CLaRaliCiouS said...

I want a movie date with IZ next time.

:o(

me too leh.

Anonymous said...

IZ: Wow! That's cool. But why no Autobot mask?

Anonymous said...

Transformers..

More than meets the eye!

Transformers..

Robots in the disguise!

Anonymous said...

Megatron and his Decepticons died... only Starscream managed to escape... do watch out for a clip when the end credits roll.

Anonymous said...

shy: girlie scream..

Anonymous: so u r the one thats making all the noise in the theatre

girlie scream = noise ??

in btw,

r'chelle: did you met IZ that night? ha, good for you!!

Anonymous said...

someone's looking real hot in the pics.

Anonymous said...

Confirm got part 2.. Megatron will come back as Galvatron.

Anonymous said...

IZ is a Decepticon!

ATTACK HIM!!!!!!!!

ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow wow wow (referring to IZ's pic)!

I would like a movie date and more.

;o)

Anonymous said...

Shia LaBeouf was brilliant in the movie. He really shine in it and he was one of the reasons why the movie was so enjoyable to watch.

Anonymous said...

Here's to more Transformers movie: Part 2, 3 and beyond!

Anonymous said...

d best movie dis yr? mmm maybe... pirates was a dissapointment so was oceans and others... but do watch out for harry potter.... its the only movie that can beat transformers.

Anonymous said...

Camaro is a hot car man thanks to Bumblebee.

Anonymous said...

Looking great there IZ!

Anonymous said...

someone is crazy for michael bay right now. ha!!

Anonymous said...

WH IS CUTE!

Unknown said...

1) Transformers is so far the best movie this year! True that!
2) Megan Fox is a babe! No wait. She is a goddess! My new wet dream!
3) The Transformers robots look so awesomely real that I really believe that they exist. Check!
4) Shia LaBeouf is destined to be a big, big name actor. We'll see...
5) And err, yes, I did scream and shout with excitement throughout the movie. I watched this in Jakarta, there was a round of applause after the movie!!

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...